Today we reflect on all of the beautiful lessons and learnings from our fall season titled, “Giants on the Road Less Traveled,” and discuss our upcoming series on grief and the holidays.
In this episode of Change It Up Radio, I’m doing something new that I’m calling my “reflections” show. Joining me to chat about what we learned from the incredible guests who have joined us over the course of this past season is my dear friend and coach, Ellen McCarty.
In our fall season, titled “Giants on the Road Less Traveled,” we explored a wide array of important and inspiring conversations, including the following:
- The importance of fostering creativity and innovation in the education of young people today
- How to clean up the energy that we put out into the collective consciousness and stay grounded
- How to become a master of our health and the emotions that can trigger shame and self-sabotage
- How practicing stillness can help empower us to unleash our highest potential in all areas of life
- How we can change the world by staying true to ourselves and practicing radical honesty
- How love and connection is the most important thing that we can give to others in life
- How intersectionality in activism helps no one get left behind in the fight for justice and equality
Today, Ellen and I also talk about how she will be joining me over the next few weeks as we do a series on grief and the holidays. This is a tough time of year for those who are dealing with loss, and we want to do everything we can to offer help, insight, awareness, and whatever is needed to help grievers not feel so alone at this time of year.
So, please stay with us in the coming weeks as we dive into how to get through the holiday season when you’re struggling with sadness and grief.
Born and raised in Massachusetts, Ellen McCarty is one of 9 children.
Her early career was spent in teaching hospitals, primarily running clinical, surgical, and medical cancer programs for Tufts, Harvard, and Brown Universities. During these 13+ years, Ellen would spend her own time visiting with hundreds of terminal patients and their families and discovering what we humans really value in the end.
The second half of her life brought her to San Diego, where she has been a Business and Marketing Strategist by trade, for more than 2 decades, Ellen has been a one-on-one coach for thousands of entrepreneurs all over the world.
Her skill, experience, and expertise aside, she consistently found herself more interested in why people were failing to achieve their desires, what was in their way, and how she could help them allow and receive the success, sustainability, and expansion they desired.
For the last 7 years, Ellen has worked with private clients helping them to identify and release their resistance, transform their disempowering beliefs, reconnect with their authentic self, and manifest both business and personal fulfillment.
I really want to help others to ‘Live a Great Life….Even when Life is Life-ing. You know, suffer less, enjoy more!’
Check out the video below to watch our interview:
- Change It Up Radio episode #175: Britfield Rises Again! with C. R. Stewart
- Change It Up Radio episode #176: A Giant Called Little with Steve Little
- Change It Up Radio episode #177: How to Master Your Weight and Your Life with Gina Worful
- Change It Up Radio episode #178: Are You Getting a 911 From Your Soul? with Jeanine Thompson
- Change It Up Radio episode #179: Stained Glass and Radical Honesty with Don Myers
- Change It Up Radio episode #180: Jack and Jerry Going Viral at 96!
- (Listen to Jack and Jerry’s first show, episode #171: A Reunion… 75 Years in the Making! with Jack Gutman and Jerry Ackerman)
- Change It Up Radio episode #181: Walking Through the Intersection of Love and Hate with Malynda Hale
- Check out Erin Shaw’s article about Jack Gutman and Jerry Ackerman’s story on Upworthy
- Learn More About Host Paula Shaw
- If you have any questions or would like to book a session, contact Paula at (626)-864-0756
- Email Paula at PShawLight@gmail.com
- Get Paula’s FREE GIFT: “20 Things to Say and Not to Say” Guide
- Saying The Right Thing When You Don’t Know What To Say
- Grief… When Will This Pain Ever End?: A Guide to Finding Your Way Out of the Depths of Despair After Suffering Profound Loss
- Chakras, The Magnificent Seven
- Paula Shaw on Facebook
- The Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology (ACEP)
Thanks For Listening!
Please share your thoughts with us:
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
- Follow us on YouTube
- Send an email: Info@ChangeItUpRadio.com
- Leave a comment below!
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe and leave an honest review on iTunes/Apple Podcasts. Your feedback is invaluable!