Humans have this love/hate relationship with change and the worst kind of change that we experience is that which comes unexpectedly and out of the blue. It’s been quite a tough week for my family and I as we had to say goodbye to a very special little guy who has been a dear part of our lives for 16 beautiful years. My granddog, Wikky.
We found ourselves face to face with one of those extremely difficult changes that we most hate to experience in life; the death of a being that we love. Today, I want to talk about Wikky and others like him and what they do for us humans.
Wikket “Wikky” Bear Shaw was born in Apple Valley, California on August 8, 2004. He was a little Pomeranian who was the epitome of energy, joy, love, excitement, and living in the moment. He taught those lessons to all around him in a patient, loving, respectful way.
Everyone who met him experienced love at first sight and that just increased his joy. He was known as Wikky. He has his own Facebook page, and it is a true fact that even people who unfriended his mother, Erin, never unfriended him.
He truly was a little beam of life and love, and he deserves a tribute. His family is thrilled with gratitude that he chose us. We will love him and bless him forever.
“If my parting has left a void,
Then fill it with remembered joy.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss;
Ah yes, these things, I too will miss.
Be not burdened with times of sorrow,
I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.
My life’s been full, I savored much;
Good friends, good times, a loved one’s touch.
Perhaps my time seems all too brief;
Don’t lengthen it now with undue grief.
Lift up your heart and share with me,
God wanted me now, He set me free.”
– Linda Jo Jackson
Check out the video from this episode below:
- Paws into Grace
- Grief… When Will This Pain Ever End?: A Guide to Finding Your Way Out of the Depths of Despair After Suffering Profound Loss
- If you have any questions or would like to book a session, contact Paula at (626)-864-0756
- Email Paula at PShawLight@gmail.com
- Learn More About Host Paula Shaw
- Get Paula’s FREE GIFT: “20 Things to Say and Not to Say” Guide
- Saying The Right Thing When You Don’t Know What To Say
- Chakras, The Magnificent Seven
- Paula Shaw on Facebook
- Change It Up Radio on Facebook
Thanks For Listening!
Please share your thoughts with us:
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
- Send an email: Info@ChangeItUpRadio.com
- Leave a comment below!
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe and leave an honest review on iTunes. Your feedback is invaluable!