Today we’re talking about improving our communication and learning how to say the right thing when we don’t know what to say, even in those difficult conversations.
We have entered into a new year (hello 2020!), and we all want things to be better. We want to work on ourselves, set new goals, and do the things we committed to do in order to improve our lives. So, why not also take the time to focus on improving our communication and get better at connecting with each other? No matter what the conversation is about, successful communication is critical in all areas of life
Communication has a huge impact on whether or not things are going smoothly at work, in our homes, in our relationships, and in our overall lives. When we don’t feel competent or skilled at knowing how to speak or what to say in different situations, we end up not showing up for others or expressing ourselves the way we really need to. Good communication plays a major role in creating a great life.
Today, I’m discussing communication – when it works, when it doesn’t, and what we can do to improve it. I’ll be sharing tips for connecting and communicating better with those around you, tools for navigating difficult conversations, and the five steps of successful and effective communication.
- Saying the right thing when you don’t know what to say, even in those difficult conversations
- Improving our communication skills and learning how to connect more with those around us
- Why everyone has difficulty with conversations that deal with an individual’s emotional pain
- Learning how to effectively process our emotions and be there for those who need our support
- Consciously stepping out of judgment and shifting into our compassion and our humanity
- The 4 basic communication styles and why it’s important to tune into the styles of other people
- 3 major areas that influence the way we communicate and connect with those around us
- The 5 steps of successful, effective, comforting communication that connects rather than divides
“In order for us to have good communication, we have to step out of judgment. We have to step out of needing everybody to be like us and think like us.” – Paula Shaw
Check out the video below to watch our live recording in studio:
“If you really want to have effective communication with someone or help someone who is hurting, you don’t have to be the wisest person on the planet. You don’t have to have all the answers, just listen. Be there with listening ears, and their own wisdom – their own answers – will come forth.” – Paula Shaw
- Saying The Right Thing When You Don’t Know What To Say
- Grief… When Will This Pain Ever End?: A Guide to Finding Your Way Out of the Depths of Despair After Suffering Profound Loss
- Chakras, The Magnificent Seven
- If you have any questions or would like to book a session, contact Paula at (626)-864-0756
- Learn More About Host Paula Shaw
- Email Paula at Paula@ChangeItUpRadio.com
Thanks For Listening!
Please share your thoughts with us:
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
- Send an email: Info@ChangeItUpRadio.com
- Leave a comment below!
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe and leave an honest review on iTunes. Your feedback is invaluable!