Today we’re talking about current volatility in the market and how we can ride it out and weather the storm.
The market is quite volatile these days, which is rather scary for a lot of people. One day the market’s up, the next day it’s plunging, and then it’s up again. Naturally, most of us get nervous by this type of fluctuation and don’t know what to do to effectively avoid making costly mistakes.
Financial Advisor, Cheri Blair, joins me today to talk about what’s going on with the current market and how to avoid making emotional decisions that could lock in our losses. She shares strategies for addressing current fluctuations and how to make smarter short term decisions that don’t conflict with long term goals.
We will also be joined by Carson Caldwell who will continue to tune in weekly to update us on his cross country journey to raise awareness and funds towards providing humanitarian aid to people in Yemen. Find out “Where in the Country is Carson?!”
- The importance of rest, relaxation, and being in the present moment with no agenda
- Where Carson is currently, how his trip is going so far, and what he’s seeing along the way
- How others can step up and help the people of Yemen that are in need of humanitarian aid
- How the LifeWave X39 Patch is helping Carson to maintain his stamina and recover quickly
- Volatility – what it is, what creates it, and how we can strategically ride out this roller coaster
- What’s going on with the current market and how we can avoid making costly mistakes
- Understanding that the market cycle changes consistently and what these changes look like
- Avoiding emotional decisions and short term decisions that conflict with our long term goals
- The importance of knowing the difference between an unrealized loss and a realized loss
“Don’t panic. Don’t sell. Just plan.” – Cheri Blair
Cheri Blair has been serving entrepreneurs and business owners in the financial service industry for over two decades, especially focusing on empowering women.
Being the only girl of six siblings, from a young age, she found that she had to outperform her brothers to be seen as an equal in the eyes of her family. After all, “she was just a girl.”
As a sensitive and kind-spirited girl, she had to continually fight to overcome the gender inequality pervasive throughout the Midwest in her generation.
Cheri grew to appreciate the importance of financial education and independence after observing her mother lacking the understanding of fundamental financial decisions.
Cheri came to California as a young woman eager to establish herself. She studied psychology at Chapman University before working in real estate overseeing client’s portfolios. Through hard work and dedication, she was promoted to Asset Manager, where she continued to grow her expertise in business.
Cheri moved from Newport Beach to San Diego with her baby, Tovia, after separating from her husband. With her experience, she joined Metlife Financial Services as a Financial Advisor. She received training from leaders in the industry before discovering her passion for serving women.
It was then that Cheri presented informative seminars to educate, and advance her clients’ financial literacy. She encouraged women to develop their financial confidence and build that muscle so they could flex it whenever needed. As a single mother, she never lost sight of her financial independence and strived to promote this with other women!
Along the way, Cheri has earned recognition as a leader in the field, winning multiple awards for her services. She maintains a “client-centric” practice, understanding their needs come first.
It’s important to Cheri to develop relationships with her clients that are steeped in trust. She makes sure they always know their options and actively participate in the planning process. She believes that there are “no stupid questions” and has dedicated her life to teaching financial literacy to all!
Cheri always likes to say…” You must value your future comfort as much as you value your comfort today!”
“When you’re working with a professional advisor, trust that it’s all been designed and built-in with short term volatility already accounted for. We are looking at your plan with the idea that there’s going to be volatility in the market.” – Cheri Blair
- Contact Cheri Blair: (619)-997-0416 or email@example.com
- Bike4Yemen Group on Facebook
- LifeWave’s X39 Patches
- Saying The Right Thing When You Don’t Know What To Say
- Grief… When Will This Pain Ever End?: A Guide to Finding Your Way Out of the Depths of Despair After Suffering Profound Loss
- Chakras, The Magnificent Seven
- If you have any questions or would like to book a session, contact Paula at (626)-864-0756
- Listen to Paula’s former show, Transition Radio
- Learn More About Host Paula Shaw
Thanks For Listening!
Please share your thoughts with us:
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
- Send an email: Info@ChangeItUpRadio.com
- Leave a comment below!
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe and leave an honest review on iTunes. Your feedback is invaluable!