Today we’re talking about tackling bullying, overcoming Comparanoia, and celebrating ourselves for who we are.
20 to 30% of children and youth are bullied at school every year, and for certain vulnerable groups, the risk is even higher. As a parent today, it’s practically impossible to completely shield your child from bullying because it can also be taking place online, where everyone remains connected outside of school.
We cannot prevent bullying, but we can prevent our children from feeling entirely vulnerable to bullies. As parents, we can celebrate our children for who they are and teach them to be proud to learn, grow, and challenge themselves.
When a child feels safe to celebrate themselves for who they are, they are not inclined to believe the negative things that others may have to say about them. The bottom line is, we can ALL find great value in celebrating ourselves more often!
Today’s guest, Davide Di Giorgio, is the #1 international best-selling author of Being UNapologetic, a keynote speaker, TEDx speaker, Comparanoia™ expert, and a speaking and confidence consultant. He joins me today to discuss the cycle of Comparanoia and how to break free from it and step into our full potential. Davide shares the impact we can have on ourselves and others by comparing less and celebrating more.
- The Cycle of Comparanoia and how to overcome it and shift into a success mindset
- How to become UNmessable, UNapologetic, and embrace the act of celebrating you
- The antidote to Comparanoia that helps build confidence, self-worth, and self-esteem
- Redefining celebration in our lives and giving ourselves more options to celebrate often
- How circumstances may victimize us but we always are at choice with how we respond
“When people feel like they are valued, that they are celebrated for who they are, that they are good enough, that they arrived with all the right pieces and parts and everything that they need, all of a sudden they start to go out and be themselves.” – Davide Di Giorgio
Davide Di Giorgio is the #1 international best-selling author of Being UNapologetic, a keynote speaker, TEDx speaker, Comparanoia™ expert, and a speaking and confidence consultant for students, teachers, parents, influencers and celebrities.
Davide is also an award-winning theater producer, composer, and acclaimed educator.
He is a certified, specialist music teacher in 2 Canadian provinces and a Territory, was the Head of Music for a high school, and created and developed the High Skills Major/Magnet Program in Musical Theater Performance in his district.
From band to choir, small ensembles to musical theater, Davide has spent his career and life dedicated to raising the bar and being a positive role model for students, teachers, and parents.
He has done extensive research on learning in the arts and developed unique programs that he brought to Bands of America (BOA), Winter Guard International (WGI), and Drum Corps International(DCI) organizations.
Davide’s uncommon approach fused together physical training, mindset, confidence, personal development, and his uncanny ability to create unmessable individuals and teams (that would never quit) to create unprecedented results.
He is now bringing his methodologies to students, teachers, parents, and administrators around the world and he’s even applied the principles to entrepreneurship and the corporate world.
His work and message have been featured around the world on stages, podcasts, radio, and national media. In addition to his best-seller, Davide is a regular writer for The Good Men Project and Thrive Global, and his article on How to Raise Bully-Proof Children on Today Parenting was recently syndicated to the hugely popular Scary Mommy Blog.
Davide is on a mission to empower everyday extraordinary individuals, especially young people, to compare less and celebrate more. His philanthropic endeavor, Project Being UNapologetic, dares to tackle bullying and build confidence and self-esteem while funding dream projects for high school performing arts students.
Originally from Toronto, when he’s not traveling around the world speaking or enjoying a dream trip, Davide now lives in his dream city, San Diego.
“Celebration is free. Believing in someone is free. It doesn’t take much. No program needed and no investment required.” – Davide Di Giorgio
- Being Unapologetic: Empowering You to Become an Influential Speaker and Visionary Leader
- Davide’s Tedx Talk – The Real Power of Choice: Overcoming Comparanoia
- How to Raise Bully-Proof Children
- Davide Di Giorgio on Facebook
- Davide Di Giorgio on Twitter
- Davide Di Giorgio on Instagram
- Davide Di Giorgio on YouTube
- Davide Di Giorgio on LinkedIn
- Video: Pete Buttigieg Comforts a Bullied 11-Year-Old Iowa Girl
- LifeWave’s X39 Patches
- Saying The Right Thing When You Don’t Know What To Say
- Grief… When Will This Pain Ever End?: A Guide to Finding Your Way Out of the Depths of Despair After Suffering Profound Loss
- Chakras, The Magnificent Seven
- If you have any questions or would like to book a session, contact Paula at (626)-864-0756
- Learn More About Host Paula Shaw
Thanks For Listening!
Please share your thoughts with us:
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
- Send an email: Info@ChangeItUpRadio.com
- Leave a comment below!
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe and leave an honest review on iTunes. Your feedback is invaluable!