Today we’re talking about prison reform that gives inmates a second chance to heal, change, and become liberated from their past traumas and old destructive behaviors.
The most important element of the prison experience for an inmate is supposed to be rehabilitation. Yet, statistics unfortunately show that over 67% of prisoners are arrested for a new crime within three years of their release.
A big part of this problem is that after many people serve time, their release brings forth a new kind of prison. This often includes homelessness and poverty due to the limitations they are faced with because of their criminal record.
Access to jobs, education, housing – all of the things that they need to get a fresh start – are scarce, to say the least, and the odds aren’t often in their favor.
Spiritual leader and master healer, Brahman Kyrie, joins me today to discuss the impactful work that she’s doing with inmates in Donovan State Prison through spiritual teachings that support them on a journey of healing, rehabilitation, transformation, and liberation.
- What’s going in the prison system today and how we can improve prison reform
- Why proper rehabilitation is crucial for the safety of society and those incarcerated
- Addressing and healing pain, trauma, and emotional triggers through inner child work
- What the “Freedom on the Inside” Prison Project is doing for incarcerated individuals
- The stigma and crippling limitations that inmates are faced with after being released
“If we don’t rehabilitate these guys, they’re not only a danger to themselves but they’re also a danger to society when they’re let out and I think we forget that.” – Brahman Kyrie
About Brahman Kyrie:
Brahmankyrie is a spiritual leader and master healer who lives in Encinitas, California.
She has also founded The Brahman Project, a humanitarian foundation focused on spiritual education for the soul, sacred ceremony, meditation, healing, prison rehabilitation programs, and support for animals both here in the USA and globally.
Through Brahmankyrie’s vast repertoire of life experiences, she gets to give back to others all of the wisdom that she has learned.
The teachings are rich and totally transformational, and the blessings are endless.
“Let go of what is holding you back, ignite your divine purpose and be the person you are meant to be in the world. The world needs you!”
“I think there are some people that may have to stay in prison for the rest of their lives, for their own safety and the safety of others – that is a reality that is true. But, they still deserve the opportunity to heal, should they wish to take it.” – Brahman Kyrie
- Follow BrahmanKyrie Shanti on Facebook
- Freedom on the Inside Event at EVE in Encinitas, CA on April 3rd, 2019 at 7 PM
- Saying The Right Thing When You Don’t Know What To Say
- Contact Cheri Blair: (619)-997-0416 or email@example.com
- Attend Cheri’s complimentary event, “Dream Your Finances – A Vision Board Event” on Saturday, April 6th from 12pm-3pm at 13400 Sabre Springs Parkway Suite 235, San Diego, CA
- If you have any questions or would like to book a session, contact Paula at (626)-864-0756
- Listen to Paula’s former show, Transition Radio
- Learn More About Host Paula Shaw
Thanks For Listening!
Please share your thoughts with us:
- Follow us on Facebook
- Join the Change It Up Radio Group on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
- Send an email: Info@ChangeItUpRadio.com
- Leave a comment below!
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe and leave an honest review on iTunes. Your feedback is invaluable!