Today we’re talking about how to experience joy regardless of our circumstances.
There’s currently a lot of change and upheaval going on in the world as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). I think this is important to talk about because it’s affecting everyone on one level or another. Unfortunately, a lot of us are dropping into an automatic stress reaction rather than having a composed response to the things that are causing us stress.
So, what can we do to remain joyful and at peace, even when it seems like everything around us is rather crazy?
Today’s guest, Joy White Peacock, is a stress and trauma expert, ex-corporate executive, and accidental shaman who helps people to have more joy and less stress in three minutes or less. She joins me today to share how we can experience joy regardless of circumstance, and what we can do to have a composed and controlled response to stress.
- Tools for staying grounded and stress-free in the moment rather than reacting
- Tips for dealing with unexpected, unwelcome change and lowering stress levels
- How to have a composed response to stress versus an automatic stress reaction
- Clearing stress in 3 minutes or less and dissolving emotional trauma painlessly
- Learning how to reprogram the brain for optimal levels of productivity and joy
- Neurovascular holding points that affect blood circulation and stimulate calmness
- The importance of making ourselves a priority and properly caring for ourselves
“When we’re looking at a pandemic, especially one like this, dropping into an automatic stress reaction is the worst thing that we can do. And the reason it opens us up to catching this virus is because all we ever have to do is go on Facebook or turn on the radio or television, and instantly we are dropped into stress and there’s no time to reset. Our immune system starts to wear out, and our adrenal system goes on overwhelm.” – Joy White Peacock
The first time Joy White Peacock died, she was 15 years old. She flew off a cliff on a motorbike and was declared dead on the operating table for two and a half minutes.
Back in ICU, Joy was told she’d never walk again, and the doctor wanted to amputate her leg. She told him “I’ll not only walk, I’ll dance on your grave!” Within seven years, Joy was a medal-winning ballroom dancer.
Joy became a highly successful, top-level business executive in New Zealand. She had a couple of great years and convinced her husband to expand into Australia.
A couple of months later, at 24 years old, Joy was hit by a drunk driver. The spinal injuries suffered in the motorbike accident were reactivated. She couldn’t speak without stuttering, walk or stand for more than a few minutes, and had lost 70% of the strength in the left side of her body.
Most challenging of all, when Joy became stressed, the soft tissue would swell at the back of her neck, preventing blood from going to her forebrain. She would have about 3 minutes before she blacked out.
Oxygen deprivation from each blackout caused an oxidative stress wall in Joy’s forebrain. After a couple of years of intermittent oxygen deprivation, her frontal lobes scanned like that of an autistic child. She had increasingly limited access to thinking forward or remembering back.
For the next 18 months, Joy walked with death as a constant companion. ‘He’ taught her how to live, and guided her in how she wanted to show up in the world.
The western medical profession gave up on her, and Joy began studying alternative healing methods. Today, she is certified in more than a dozen different holistic health modalities.
As she journeyed through each modality, Joy uncovered amazing skills and tools that enabled her to take back control of her life. With each new modality, she grew stronger.
Joy learned how to reprogram the neurological pathways of her brain by thinking new thoughts. In doing so, she was able to bypass the brain injuries and access different parts of her brain, generating uncommon new perspectives and abilities.
Joy learned things like how to keep a clear head no matter what’s going on, how to dissolve emotional trauma easily and painlessly, how to understand her body and the messages it sends, and that treating her brain like a bio-organic supercomputer got a lot more mileage out of it.
“When we give ourselves what it is that we need instead of waiting around for somebody else to give it to us, it takes the pressure off every relationship. It’s magic.” – Joy White Peacock
Check out the video below to watch our interview:
- Joy White Peacock’s video on how to relax instantly (clear stress in 3 minutes or less!)
- Kids emPOWERment: 7 Magical Bedtime Stories for Kids of all ages; especially 4 – 14 and the inner child in everyone by Joy White Peacock
- ‘Clear stress in less time than it takes to find the Valium’ – Joy White Peacock
- Code to Joy: The Four-Step Solution to Unlocking Your Natural State of Happiness by George Pratt and Peter Lambrou
- Saying The Right Thing When You Don’t Know What To Say
- Grief… When Will This Pain Ever End?: A Guide to Finding Your Way Out of the Depths of Despair After Suffering Profound Loss
- Chakras, The Magnificent Seven
- Paula Shaw on Facebook
- Change It Up Radio on Facebook
- If you have any questions or would like to book a session, contact Paula at (626)-864-0756
- Learn More About Host Paula Shaw
- Email Paula at Paula@ChangeItUpRadio.com
Thanks For Listening!
Please share your thoughts with us:
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
- Send an email: Info@ChangeItUpRadio.com
- Leave a comment below!
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe and leave an honest review on iTunes. Your feedback is invaluable!