Today we’re talking about women’s wages and what we can do to close the gender wage gap.
It’s crazy to think that in 2019 women are still not earning the same wages as men for equal work, even when they have the same education and experience. So how do we close this gender wage gap?
Financial Advisor, Cheri Blair, joins me today to go beyond the grim statistics and shares five concrete ideas that we can start implementing to work towards closing the gender wage gap and bringing about much-needed change.
“If we really want to reach equality for women, this topic has to stay at our forefront.” – Cheri Blair
- Learning how to deal with both welcome and unwelcome change in our lives
- Saying the Right Thing When You Don’t Know What to Say – Effective communication
- 10 components that influence how we think and respond in conversational situations
- Ways that we can bring about change and close our current gender wage gap
- How women play a key role in creating peaceful, stable, and prosperous societies
- Five concrete ideas that we can start implementing to close the gender wage gap
- How women not receiving equal wages during earning years affects their retirement
“Women will reinvest, for the most part, the majority of their income into their families and their communities. They play key roles in creating peaceful and stable societies, and this is essential for economic growth and prosperity.” – Cheri Blair
Cheri Blair has been serving entrepreneurs and business owners in the financial service industry for over two decades, especially focusing on empowering women.
Being the only girl of six siblings, from a young age, she found that she had to outperform her brothers to be seen as an equal in the eyes of her family. After all, “she was just a girl.”
As a sensitive and kind-spirited girl, she had to continually fight to overcome the gender inequality pervasive throughout the Midwest in her generation.
Cheri grew to appreciate the importance of financial education and independence after observing her mother lacking the understanding of fundamental financial decisions.
Cheri came to California as a young woman eager to establish herself. She studied psychology at Chapman University before working in real estate overseeing client’s portfolios. Through hard work and dedication, she was promoted to Asset Manager, where she continued to grow her expertise in business.
Cheri moved from Newport Beach to San Diego with her baby, Tovia, after separating from her husband. With her experience, she joined Metlife Financial Services as a Financial Advisor. She received training from leaders in the industry before discovering her passion for serving women.
It was then that Cheri presented informative seminars to educate, and advance her clients’ financial literacy. She encouraged women to develop their financial confidence and build that muscle so they could flex it whenever needed. As a single mother, she never lost sight of her financial independence and strived to promote this with other women!
Along the way, Cheri has earned recognition as a leader in the field, winning multiple awards for her services. She maintains a “client-centric” practice, understanding their needs come first.
It’s important to Cheri to develop relationships with her clients that are steeped in trust. She makes sure they always know their options and actively participate in the planning process. She believes that there are “no stupid questions” and has dedicated her life to teaching financial literacy to all!
Cheri always likes to say…” You must value your future comfort as much as you value your comfort today!”
“Women are more likely to take time off from work to raise their families, and over these periods they’re going to lose out on earnings. Secondly, women live longer than men on average, and we have to stretch our retirement savings that much longer.” – Cheri Blair
- Contact Cheri Blair: (619)-997-0416 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend Cheri’s complimentary event, “Dream Your Finances – A Vision Board Event” on Saturday, April 6th from 12pm-3pm at 13400 Sabre Springs Parkway Suite 235, San Diego, CA 92128
- Dream Your Finances – A Vision Board Event — Check out more event details on Facebook
- Follow Cheri Blair Financial Services on Facebook
- Saying The Right Thing When You Don’t Know What To Say
- If you have any questions or would like to book a session, contact Paula at (626)-864-0756
- Listen to Paula’s former show, Transition Radio
- Learn More About Host Paula Shaw
Thanks For Listening!
Please share your thoughts with us:
- Follow us on Facebook
- Join the Change It Up Radio Group on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
- Send an email: Info@ChangeItUpRadio.com
- Leave a comment below!
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe and leave an honest review on iTunes. Your feedback is invaluable!