Today we discuss the missing pieces needed for improving success rates for individuals recovering from addiction.
Visionary leader, recovery educator, and author, Dr. Jane Galloway, joins us today to share her personal experience of being in AA and how she’s taken it a step further by creating a book that emphasizes the wisdom of 12-step spirituality through the gateways. Recovery has to be more than just enduring staying clean and sober – we have to be able to live it fully, enjoy it, and look forward to each day. Dr. Jane Galloway has come up with a great way for people to do just that!
- The opioid epidemic that our country is facing today
- The missing piece behind improving the recovery rate for addiction
- Creating ways to make living more viable, meaningful, and enjoyable
- Offering healthy alternatives to individuals recovering from addiction
- Blending different modalities to create a life with purpose and a spiritual core
- The wisdom of 12-step spirituality through the gateways
- What the gateways are and how this whole path works
- The correlation between chronic unresolved grief and addiction
“Addiction is pain control. Nobody becomes addicted because they want to. People are trying to get away from pain.” – Dr. Jane Galloway
As a 30+ year member of Alcoholics Anonymous, an ordained minister with a doctorate in ministry, and a highly successful stage and screen actor, the Rev. Dr. Jane Galloway is just the person to usher in a new way of working the 12 Steps that incorporates the full spectrum of spiritual practices available to us today.
Dr. Galloway presents the 12 Steps squarely in the context of 21st-century spirituality with breadth, skill, and sensitivity that helps readers of any faith (or of none) experience a profound spiritual awakening.
Incorporating ancient developmental systems like Chinese meridians and the Kabbalah Tree of Life, as well as more recent psychological systems like Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs and Erik Erikson’s Eight Ages of Man, Gateways presents 12-Step Spirituality as a Wisdom Path.
Galloway’s 12 corresponding Gateway Essences unlock the power of the Steps through spiritual practices and rituals that make up a customized, holistic Mind, Body, Spirit toolkit.
“Focusing on something new gives us different neuropathways to rely upon so that we don’t keep going back to the same rut.” – Dr. Jane Galloway
- The Gateways: The Wisdom of 12-Step Spirituality
- Paula’s Balanced Breathing Exercise
- Dr. Bob and the Good Old Timers
- Contact Cheri Blair at (619)-997-0416 or email@example.com
- Listen to Paula’s former show Transition Radio
Stay tuned for the release of Paula’s new book, Saying the Right Thing: When You Don’t Know What To Say
Learn More About Host Paula Shaw
Thanks For Listening!
Please share your thoughts with us:
- Follow us on Facebook
- Join the Change It Up Radio Group on Facebook
- Send an email: Info@ChangeItUpRadio.com
- Leave a comment below!
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe and leave an honest review on iTunes. Your feedback is invaluable!