Today, we are talking about the journey toward healing and how to live a fulfilling life again after experiencing profound loss.
In this episode of Change It Up Radio, I am joined by Racquel Yarborough, who shares her story about losing her twin sister in a tragic circumstance. In 2018, Racquel’s sister, Rashauna, was killed while trying to help a victim of domestic violence.
Despite her non-violent nature and peacemaker personality, Rashauna’s efforts to defuse the situation led to her being shot by the aggressor, and she later succumbed to her injuries in the hospital. Racquel discusses the harrowing events of that day and the subsequent grief and recovery process that she and her family went through.
Throughout this episode, Racquel recounts her childhood and growing up with Rashauna, and talks about the unique bond that they shared. She discusses the difficulty of dealing with her sister’s sudden and violent death, and how she found herself struggling to find time for her own healing and self-care.
Today, Racquel describes her life as peaceful and purpose-driven, inspired by her sister’s memory to live a meaningful life and to help others. Her story is a powerful example of resilience in the face of tragedy, demonstrating the potential for healing, growth, and finding our way back to a fulfilling life after experiencing a profound loss.
This episode is an absolute must-listen for anyone seeking to understand the complexities of grief, loss, and healing.
Some key topic points covered in this episode include:
- The tragic loss of Racquel’s twin sister, Rashauna, and how it affected both her and her family
- Coping with the tragic loss of a loved one and the journey toward healing
- The power of community support in helping those who are grieving
- The importance of self-care and finding a balance between supporting others and healing oneself
- The power of meditation, prayer, and connecting with God during times of grief
- Dealing with people’s expectations of how one “should” grieve
- The importance of being in tune with a griever and offering support based on their needs
- The value of authentic expression in the grieving process and the necessity of moving forward
- The significance of cherishing loved ones and expressing our feelings toward them
- The concept of Kintsugi and its relation to Racquel’s healing journey
- Racquel’s mission to live life for both herself and her sister, and to help others do the same
- The importance of maintaining positive energy and living a purpose-driven and intentional life
About Racquel Yarborough:
Racquel Yarborough is a native of San Diego, CA. She is the owner and operator of Rock Solid Solutions, which is a full-service Marketing Consulting Firm; as well as a managing shareholder with Trading Looks Sunglasses.
Her passion for helping others began with her work at the San Diego Rescue Mission as a childcare worker in her teens, which segued into a 15-year teaching career.
Realizing there was more she wanted to accomplish, Racquel set back to school, earning her B.S. in Communication with an emphasis on Marketing & Sales. Branching out into new ventures, she worked with The G.O.O.D.S. Magazine here in San Diego as the Director of Marketing & Public relations. In this position, she was involved in bringing together major fashion shows and events as lead coordinator, allowing her to tap into her creative side.
Being creative has always been Racquel’s passion, and being able to do it with a purpose has always been her intention. The oldest of 8 children and also a twin, Racquel has naturally always been in a leadership position. With a love of nature and animals, she loves to hike, run, ride her bike, and spend time with her four lovely cats. Grounding and meditation are an important part of her daily routine, to maintain her energy and stay aligned with her true purpose.
Communication is Racquel’s forte, she loves meeting new people and getting to know their stories; there isn’t a single person she can’t connect with. Self-help and personal growth are key factors in her daily life. Always seeking knowledge and innovative ways to expand her mind to be a useful tool for navigating life.
Keeping God first and loving others is the strong foundation she utilizes to pursue living an optimal life. The goal is to expand her reach in order to help others redefine themselves and pursue their passions with renewed inner power.
Check out the video below to watch our interview:
- Learn More About Rock Solid Solutions
- Learn More About Host Paula Shaw
- If you have any questions or would like to book a session, contact Paula at (626)-864-0756
- Email Paula at PShawLight@gmail.com
- Get Paula’s FREE GIFT: “20 Things to Say and Not to Say” Guide
- Saying The Right Thing When You Don’t Know What To Say
- Grief… When Will This Pain Ever End?: A Guide to Finding Your Way Out of the Depths of Despair After Suffering Profound Loss
- Chakras, The Magnificent Seven
- Paula Shaw on Facebook
Thanks For Listening!
Please share your thoughts with us:
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
- Follow us on YouTube
- Send an email: Info@ChangeItUpRadio.com
- Leave a comment below!
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe and leave an honest review on iTunes/Apple Podcasts. Your feedback is invaluable!