Today we’re talking about how to channel our anxious energy into productivity and personal and professional fulfillment.
Let’s face it, we’ve all lived through a pretty strange year with the pandemic, and none of us could have truly anticipated the impact that it would have on ourselves, our families, our communities, and the world. On top of all the normal everyday stressors that we may face in life, we’ve also had a virus and many other pressing issues that are making life difficult and scary for us as well.
While stress and anxiety are perfectly normal reactions to uncertainty and things that may potentially harm us, there are ways that we can stay on top of difficult feelings and take care of our mental health and overall wellbeing during these times. Our fear and anxiety can take an emotional toll on us, especially if we’re already living with an anxiety disorder, but the good news is that we are not powerless.
Today, I’m joined by Dr. Chloe Carmichael, a licensed clinical psychologist who uses a holistic approach that integrates a special blend of techniques to help people overcome anxiety. She joins me to discuss how nervous energy, or anxiety, is a powerful force that we can manage with the right tools, and shares powerful anxiety techniques that can help us channel our anxious energy into productivity and fulfillment, regardless of the situation.
- How many people have been coping with stress and anxiety during these current times
- What nervous energy is and how we can use this energy to feel productive and fulfilled
- How stress can affect high-achieving, high-functioning individuals in a different way
- Several anxiety tools that we can use to help us harness our nervous energy for good
- The benefits of creating a mental shortlist after we’ve done all the work we need to do
- Why so many people are suffering from anxiety with returning back to school, work, etc.
- Using anchoring statements and other anxiety techniques to overcome a panic attack
“The anxious part of us is oftentimes feeling fulfilled when it feels like it’s solving a problem. And so, it used to get fulfillment out of solving the problem of figuring out how to be safe during the pandemic, but now it’s kind of chasing its tail around that one. So, we want to give it a few other good, healthy problems that we actually need to be solved now so that that part of ourselves can become productive again.” – Dr. Chloe
Chloe Carmichael, Ph.D. is a licensed clinical psychologist, best known to audiences as Dr. Chloe, and author of “Nervous Energy: Harness the Power of Your Anxiety” (St. Martin’s Essentials, 2021). She heads a successful private practice in New York City that focuses primarily on relationship issues, stress to help high achievers.
Carmichael is on the Advisory Board for Women’s Health Magazine and writes an expert blog for Psychology Today. She is a member in good standing of the American Psychological Association and the National Register of Health Psychologists, an elite membership for psychologists with the highest standards of education and board scores.
As an expert in anxiety, Carmichael has taught stress management techniques at Fortune 500 companies as well as in her own private practice. While a doctoral student, Carmichael presented a poster at the Anxiety Disorder Association of America and continues to be a thought leader in anxiety treatment today. She launched an online anxiety treatment program, www.AnxietyTools.com, which has users throughout the United States and around the world including Japan, Dubai, U.A.E., Korea, France, and Russia.
As a certified yoga instructor, Carmichael is truly an expert in both the science and meditation side to anxiety treatment. Her holistic approach integrates a special blend of techniques that have been shown to help people overcome anxiety.
Carmichael holds a master’s degree and Ph.D. in clinical psychology from Long Island University and graduated Phi Beta Kappa, summa cum laude, with a bachelor’s degree and departmental honors in psychology from Columbia University in New York. She completed her clinical training at Lenox Hill Hospital and Kings County Hospital.
Carmichael has taught undergraduate courses at Long Island University and the City University of New York and served as the psychologist for The New York School of Podiatric Medicine.
Check out the video below to watch our interview:
- Nervous Energy: Harness the Power of Your Anxiety by Dr. Chloe Carmichael
- Learn more about Dr. Chloe’s book, Nervous Energy: Harness the Power of Your Anxiety
- Follow Dr. Chloe on Facebook
- Follow Dr. Chloe on Twitter
- Follow Dr. Chloe on Instagram
- Follow Dr. Chloe on YouTube
- Follow Dr. Chloe on LinkedIn
- Learn More About Host Paula Shaw
- If you have any questions or would like to book a session, contact Paula at (626)-864-0756
- Email Paula at PShawLight@gmail.com
- Get Paula’s FREE GIFT: “20 Things to Say and Not to Say” Guide
- Saying The Right Thing When You Don’t Know What To Say
- Grief… When Will This Pain Ever End?: A Guide to Finding Your Way Out of the Depths of Despair After Suffering Profound Loss
- Chakras, The Magnificent Seven
- Paula Shaw on Facebook
- Change It Up Radio on Facebook
Thanks For Listening!
Please share your thoughts with us:
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
- Send an email: Info@ChangeItUpRadio.com
- Leave a comment below!
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe and leave an honest review on iTunes. Your feedback is invaluable!